Well, tomorrow is the big, long-awaited day: Election Day '08. As you have probably seen from the logo on our blog, we are McCain/Palin fans (anyone who knows us isn't in the least surprised, I'm sure!). Above is a picture of McCain when he came to Furman (where I went to college) in spring of 2000 for a rally during the presidential primaries that year. As you recall, he and Bush were two of the main contenders that year. (Bush came, I believe, the same week that McCain came for a rally--it was pretty cool, and I have pictures and autographs of both of them on campaign signs!) Anyway, so I thought I would post this picture since now, again, McCain has the chance to win the presidency. (In 2000, Ben and I were both actually Bush fans, but now that Bush isn't exactly an option, McCain has our vote!) We know many polls and media folks are saying that McCain is behind, but we also know how lopsided and biased they are, so we both feel like this race will be tight--and that it will have a very serious impact on the direction of America. We will see what the big day holds, but in the meantime, we urge everyone to be praying for voters tomorrow to have discernment and wisdom when they vote. And let us all remember that the Lord is in control; His purposes will stand and cannot be thwarted. To Him, the nations are but a "drop in the bucket," according to Isaiah. Thank goodness we have a God who is in control of, literally, everything!
Monday, November 3, 2008
The Big Day
Well, tomorrow is the big, long-awaited day: Election Day '08. As you have probably seen from the logo on our blog, we are McCain/Palin fans (anyone who knows us isn't in the least surprised, I'm sure!). Above is a picture of McCain when he came to Furman (where I went to college) in spring of 2000 for a rally during the presidential primaries that year. As you recall, he and Bush were two of the main contenders that year. (Bush came, I believe, the same week that McCain came for a rally--it was pretty cool, and I have pictures and autographs of both of them on campaign signs!) Anyway, so I thought I would post this picture since now, again, McCain has the chance to win the presidency. (In 2000, Ben and I were both actually Bush fans, but now that Bush isn't exactly an option, McCain has our vote!) We know many polls and media folks are saying that McCain is behind, but we also know how lopsided and biased they are, so we both feel like this race will be tight--and that it will have a very serious impact on the direction of America. We will see what the big day holds, but in the meantime, we urge everyone to be praying for voters tomorrow to have discernment and wisdom when they vote. And let us all remember that the Lord is in control; His purposes will stand and cannot be thwarted. To Him, the nations are but a "drop in the bucket," according to Isaiah. Thank goodness we have a God who is in control of, literally, everything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with you Jenny! We are still hoping and praying!! I guess we'll find out in just a few hours. It's hard for me to believe it is already election day! Wow, time flies!
Post a Comment