Saturday, November 8, 2008
Daytrip to Charlottesville
We spent the day today in Charlottesville visiting the home of President James Monroe (our 5th president from 1817 to 1825, in case you're rusty on your history!). We had already been to the home of Thomas Jefferson (Monticello) as well as that of James Madison (Montpelier). Now, we just need to go see Mount Vernon in DC, the home of George Washington. Anyway, this is the kind of thing you do when you are married to an American history buff :) But I like it because I love the old architecture and the beautiful grounds of these homes. Ash Lawn Highland (Monroe's home) was especially beautiful because of the fall colors! Enjoy this slide show of pictures from our day:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great pics! I love going to places like that too! I'd love to go there someday, maybe when we're traveling that way sometime. I love fall pics!!
Post a Comment